Friday, August 15, 2014

Review + Current Obsessions

Here is my very first “Current Obsessions” post.

Right now I am loving: chubby sticks, washi paper tape, and calligraphy. In addition, I decided to do my first product review in this post because I just got a new chubby stick. It is Just Peachy (10) from Neutrogena, their Moisture Smooth color stick.

Pros: 1. I really love the color, it is a light peachy coral color, 2. Tons of moisture, 3. Lots of glitter (still haven’t decided if this is truly a pro, I’ll explain a little more below), and 4. It smells amazing!! Just like its name, it smells like peaches!

Cons: 1. Never thought I would say this, but maybe a little too much glitter… The glitter pigments are kind of large, but they are really pretty, in gold and blush tones.
There really aren’t any more flaws in this new chubby stick which is why this is included as one of my current obsessions. My other chubby stick is Cliniques’ Chubby Stick (moisturizing colour lip balm) in shade 13, Mighty Mimosa. I am absolutely in love with this stick, the color is amazing and lasts for a long time. That is why I am obsessed with chubby sticks at the moment, they give the same moisture as a lip balm, but come in tons of gorgeous shades without the shine of a lip gloss.
My second obsession is with washi paper tape. I love all the different patterns and colors they come in, and because it is very thin, the tape can be added to anything- cards, presents, notebooks, computer/laptop keyboards (My friend added some to her laptop keyboard: featured below!) Check out my post “A Personalized Card for Every Person” for more on the tape.
Lastly, I am obsessed with calligraphy. It was my summer goal to learn it, and even though I haven’t had too much time to learn and practice, I am getting the hang of it. Calligraphy is so cool because there are so many different fonts and things you can do. For now I am just learning the Chancery Italic Hand but I can’t wait to experiment with all the different fonts and things! I have the Sheaffer calligraphy refillable pen which is so much easier to use than the ink wells. I am currently keeping my pen nibs and ink refills in the Bloomingdales’ “Little Gold Bag”.

I wanted to do this to share some awesome products I am loving right now, hopefully you will try one (or more) of these products and fall in love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment