Saturday, February 21, 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! (Or Happy Galentine's Day!) In this post I wanted to share my look (and new items!)  for V-Day, and some of my thoughts about it... (by some thoughts, I mean I'm getting real here and being honest!)
  Before I go off on my tangent about Valentine's Day, I'll first share my outfit and the pieces I am wearing in the outfit. Below is a layout of my outfit.

Recently I have not been wearing earrings, but I couldn't resist pulling these out of my jewelry box. These rose gold studded heart posts are a favorite of mine from my friend Charlotte!
In love with my new watch from B.P. (Nordstrom). The band is gold, and the face is covered in black studs. I couldn't resist getting (yet another) this watch, especially since it was only $5.98!
I used one of the clutches my Grandma gave me (you may recognize it from my Holiday post-- it's the black clutch just reservsed!). I went with all gold accessories.
Also new, and also from B.P. is my necklace. Though I have many statement necklaces, this is one of my very few black ones.
 Just a shot capturing my love for my new watch. 😍 If you can see the little red heart on my ring finger, you can check out my tutorial on how to do this nail art on my YouTube channel (diysbymegid).
Last weekend I was in L.A., and on the way home I stopped at one of the outlets. I got this red peplum shirt from H&M, on sale for $10! I tied a black satin ribbon around my waist because I thought the line where the peplum starts looked kind of funny. Read on if you want to hear some of my ramblings about Valentine's Day...
First of all, I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day. Yes it's a celebration, but it's not an actual holiday, and I don't think  it doesn't deserve all the hype it gets! I believe all the love showered on Valentine's Day should instead be sprinkled everyday. The only part I like about it is that you have an excuse to dress up and eat chocolate!
I hung with one of my besties (our other one was working :/) and we went out for crêpes and snow (shaved ice folded in ribbons-- looks super cool!). We came up with a list of benefits of having a Galentine's Day (with your gal pals if you don't have a date for V-Day!). 
1. You can eat whatever and however much you want- no worries of getting food all over your face or looking like a pig when you're in front of your gal pals!

2. It doesn't matter what you wear (you're free to wear sweats or dress up!)

3. There's no need to fret about getting a present for your significant other when you're just going out with girl friends

4. It's just another night with friends so you can go wherever and do whatever you want

5. You can have girl talk and gossip

6. You have your gal pals to commiserate with that you don't have dates on "the most romantic day of the year" 
Hope HOWEVER you spent your Valentine's or Galentine's Day you had a great time! Here's the link to my heart nail art video (click here!).

No comments:

Post a Comment