Sunday, January 25, 2015

Holiday Look

As any good friend of mine would know, I am a HUGE procrastinator. I wait until the (literally) last second to finish things (literally because I one time turned in an essay online 1 minute before the deadline!!). So, in true Megi D. fashion, this holiday post is coming out…after the holidays.

ALL PHOTOS TAKEN BY THE TALENTED LUCY BELL (@lbellx on Instagram).
I had originally planned to post this before the holidays to give you a little outfit inspiration. I love the holidays because it gives you a chance to dress up and wear some fun items. I also wanted to share the great deal I got on one of the pieces in this post. I love my photographer Lucy, she captures the magic in everyday life. This photo is one of my favorites from the shoot, she got the perfect little shot with the vibrant colors and details all showing. I didn't even have to edit any of the pictures!
This statement necklace was (not sure if it still is) on sale at Nordstrom for $9.97! I love the bright pink stone in the center and the brown, navy, and white accent jewels.
The textured side plates convinced me to buy this because of the edge it gives the piece.
The middle pink stone matched perfectly with my Coach peep-toe pumps (remember them from Homecoming?). They gave my otherwise dark outfit a pop of color.
My tulle skirt is the one I had been working on for months (if you follow me on Instagram {@diysbymegid} you would have seen the sneak peeks of my skirt). I might be doing a tutorial for a tulle skirt (because I have to make one for my sister). I didn’t use any tutorial for mine, I kind of just went off of how I thought a skirt was made and went for it!
I used 8 yards of tulle from Joann’s Craft Store, elastic and ribbon from Walmart, and a slip that I altered to be more fitting.
I did 4 layers of tulle, each one I pleated and sewed.
My sweater is from 2 years ago, from Nordstrom. I love the suede elbow patches!
Because the tulle skirt is pretty dressy, I went with the sweater to make it more casual. I believe that grey is the perfect casual color (I mean, have you ever seen a fancy grey item?).
 
 This is one of my favorite pictures from the shoot.
I got the gold Christmas tree wrapping paper from TJ Maxx for $2.99!!
 
 My other accessories were my gold Jaeger-LeCoultre watch, criss-cross Francesca’s ring, thick ring from the MET gift shop, and a bangle from Alex & Ani. I also used one of the clutches from my Grandma (I’ll be sharing all the ones I got from her soon!).
In the spirt of Christmas, I found some real mistletoe!
And… here’s some fake mistletoe made by my cousin Vivian Troung. She makes some amazing floral creations out of felt!
I had a lot of fun taking some fun shots with Lucy (I do anything for a photo—even go on wet playgrounds!).

I hope you have all been having a good year so far, I myself am trying to make 2015 the best year yet.
 Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment