Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Megi D's Lemon E Olive Face Scrub

My biggest insecurity is not just the acne on my face. Although my acne has gotten a lot better with a daily regiment, it is the scars that are left behind that I am embarrassed of the most. I have deep pock marks and dark purple scars on my face from my bad acne.

So I created... Megi D's Lemon E Olive Face Scrub!
Megi D's (me) Lemon (juice) (Vitamin) E (Oil) Olive (Oil) face scrub.

Even if you do not have bad of acne, this face scrub that I made up is really great to moisturize and replenish your skin. It will hopefully slough off your dead skin cells, tighten your pores, and lighten the look of acne scars. However, this is not a magical face scrub, and it will not automatically get rid of all your skin problems! It is just a way to help the process of exfoliation. It only requires 4 ingredients (that you most likely already have) and is really quick and easy to make.

I came up with this after reading an article about the benefits of using lemon juice to fade scars. Because I already use Vitamin E oil to lighten some surgery scars on my legs, I thought why not add it, too! Additionally I am always on Pinterest looking at different types of face masks and scrubs, and I have seen quite a few that use sugar to exfoliate. (I don't think anyone has ever come up with the mixture I made...)

Here are the 4 simple ingredients:
-Lemon Juice
-Olive Oil
-Vitamin E Oil (you can purchase this at any drugstore/pharmacy)
-Sugar (You add this every time you wash your face with this mix)
You will also need:
-A measuring cup
-A strainer (so you don't get lemon seeds in your face scrub)
-Knife (to cut the lemon)
-Spoon (to stir everything)
-Some sort of container to store it in (I used some old empty Eucerin lotion containers)
-Cotton swabs


I first squeezed the lemon over a strainer (so none of the seeds would get in) into a measuring cup. One lemon made around 3/4 cups of lemon juice. I then added about an ounce of olive oil, and another ounce of Vitamin E Oil. All together, it made a 1/2 cup of solution. I poured half of the mixture into the two lotion containers I had washed out. The one I was not using, I put it in the freezer to store.

I have been using this for the past couple of weeks around 1-2 times a week. To use, first rinse your face in warm water to open your pores. Then, take a cotton swab and dip it into the lemon juice and oil mixture. When the cotton is saturated, pour some sugar on top.
In swirling motions, rub the mixture onto your face lightly. You can add more sugar as you scrub your face. Do not do this more than a couple times a week, and in between scrubs, you can put it in the freezer or refrigerator. When you use it again, it takes a couple of hours to defrost and you need to shake it to have it mixed up. When you first use it, you will have a tingling/stinging sensation which will go away. Do not use this when you have open cuts because the lemon will make them sting!

I hope you try my face scrub, and it helps improve your complexion! I would love for you to give me feedback on this, so leave a comment below or email me at diysbymegid@gmail.com! Here is the video tutorial to make it! Thank you so much for reading, subscribe to my blog and youtube (diysbymegid) and follow my instagram (diysbymegid)!

No comments:

Post a Comment