Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Glitter Galore for Gradient Nails

This is the first of my nail tutorials! I love doing glitter gradients because they are super easy and fast to do! They are really great to add to old manicures when you don't have enough time to do a whole new manicure because they will cover up your tip wear/chips! Here is the video tutorial for them!

First, start with plain nails-I had these pink nails for 1 week and decided to add on to them! 
You will need
-A base color on your nails 
-A highly glitter pigmented polish

Start about 3/4 of the way up your nail and do a very thin coat of glitter. To get it evenly distributed, I squiggled my brush up and down to get it all spread.
Next, start half way up your nail and do another very thin coat.
Add another thin coat of glitter at the very tip of your nail to finish off your gradient.
Lastly, add a clear top coat to finish off your manicure. You will want to make sure you do this because the glitter will be uneven and it can snag things. Not only does top coat make it smooth, but it also gives your manicure a nice and shiny finish!
I hope you enjoy this tutorial, if you have any questions, contact me at diysbymegid.blogspot.com. Subscribe to my youtube channel diysbymegid and follow my instagram diysbymegid! Thank you so much for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment