Friday, July 4, 2014

Four Looks for the Fourth

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY! (A.K.A. America's Birthday)

This is my very first fashion post on my blog, and hopefully the first of many to come. I decided to do this post about one of my Go-To looks: a tank top+ ANYTHING and EVERYTHING (shorts, skirts, blazers, jeans, leggings, accessories,  etc.). Using 2 tank tops, a skirt, patterned pants, and accessories; I put together four different (but similar) Fourth of July looks that I shared all the details for. I love tank tops because of their versatility and ability to look good on anyone, and with anything! There are so many different ways you can wear a tank top. So get out your tank tops, pair it up with something, and do this look yourself!





Tank top 1: the most important tank top color EVER- white. White is the most versatile color, and I love white because of its clean look. I paired my white tank first with a navy blue cotton body con skirt and then blue and white patterned pants. Both looks I used gold and red accessories. Below are all the links to the stores where I purchased all the items.White goes with any color, so you can pair a white tank with anything. During the fall or winter I love wearing tank tops with colored blazers, jeans, and a statement necklace. You can go with colored jeans, a kimono or a sweater, a tank top, and statement necklace for another cute look.


White tank top: Old Navy
Navy blue cotton body con skirt: Old Navy
Red clutch: vintage Macy's (given to me by my Grandma!)
Blue and white patterned pants: H&M (these are suuuper comfy, but not too PJ looking)
Red stone necklace: Francesca's



My favorite part of any outfit: THE ACCESSORIES!!
I used all gold jewelry with three pops of red- the clutch, necklace (links above for those two), and my red Toms. I also wore a pair of gold and tan wedges. Depending on the colors I am wearing, I either go all silver or all gold with my jewelry. I usually start with a statement necklace, and then a watch, add some bracelets for an ARM PARTY, and maybe put on some earrings (but usually I am way too lazy to put earrings on).

Gold Watch: Jaeger- LeCoultre (it was my Grandpa's so I took a couple links out to fit me)
Gold and diamond link bracelet: Banana Republic
Gold bangle: Alex and Ani- Path of Life
Gold and diamond criss cross ring: Francesca's (Thank you to my friend Charlotte for this ring- I absolutely love it!!)
Gold and tan strappy wedges: BC shoes  for Francesca's
Red Toms: Toms [I got these from Nordstrom. Little fact about me: I have very tiny feet in comparison to my body- size 6 1/2, and I am 5'4". Soooo... I buy kids Toms! Not only do they fit my feet better, but they are more durable (rubber instead of foam soles), come in more styles, and the best thing is that they're a couple bucks cheaper!]

Tank top 2: red, the color of joy! I got mine at my favorite place to get tanks- Target! I again used the navy blue skirt, but added a thin white belt with gold accents (from Forever 21). The red made it veeery patriotic (I probably would not wear this combo on a normal day!)
 
The next look I used the blue and white patterned pants and added my much loved Cole Haan shades (they made some appearances with some of the previous looks- I got them for a great deal at Marshalls).

Hope you all had a marvelous Independence Day and you remember to tank it! They are the base to any great outfit and are super easy to build off of. Cheers to a happy and healthy Fourth of July!



In my glass- DIY Shirley Temple. Sprite/7UP with the syrup from the maraschino cherries! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment