Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer of Smoothies!

I wanted to share my smoothie recipe; my go-to drink this summer! When I make my smoothies I just eyeball all the amounts because I make it so often. I measured everything out in the video though (will be linked here). There are a lot of ingredients that you can switch out with other things (ie: what type of juice, fruits, yogurt- I just give what I use). Heads up: I reuse the same measuring cup and teaspoon (that's why the measuring cup looks gross!) because they all get blended up anyway! :)
Ingredients:
  • Greek yogurt (nonfat), or any other yogurt (I go for plain or greek- less/no sugar and fat)     [1/3 cup]
  • Coconut Water (I get mine at Costco in a pack of 6)                                                        [1/3 cup]
  • Apple juice (I also buy this at costco- you can use any type of juice, apple just makes it very flavorful     [1/4 cup]
  • Chia seed (you can get this at any health store/grocery store)                                              [1 teaspoon]
  • Fruit- fresh, frozen, or both (I just use whatever is available, for this smoothie I used fresh strawberries, frozen pureed mango, and frozen blueberries)               [1 and 2/3 cups]
  • Measuring cup (I usually use the markings on my blender)
You will of course need a blender- any type is fine. I have an Oster blender from Costco. 
I add in my chia seeds first. I am not a huge fan of the consistency and flavor of chia seeds, so I use the chop/grind setting on my blender and make the chia seed into a fine powder.
Next, I add in the liquids. First coconut water...
 Then the apple juice.
I cut my strawberries up (you don't really need to because the blender will cut them up but for the purpose of measuring them, it was easier to fit them in when cut). I make sure the frozen fruits are near the bottom of the blender (closer to the blade) so they will be blended faster. 
  I add in the yogurt last (using the fruit measuring cup).
Then blend all the ingredients together! (I use a series of blending, chopping, and liquifying to make mine)
Enjoy! I am working on a couple of videos right now but this one will be up soon (Youtube channel: diysbymegid)! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment