Sunday, December 21, 2014

Burgundy and Bardot

 

Brigitte Bardot is one of my hair Goddesses that I look up to. In this outfit post is also a little hair how-to on my take of her iconic voluminous hairstyle. For today's outfit I went with a burgundy H&M sweater, black Target painted jeans, Report boots from Marshall's, and a black bag. For accessories I added my Kate Spade gold bangle, Alex&Ani bangle, and gold Jaeger-LeCoultre watch.
In my hair I used a Francesca's Collection gold chain necklace as a headband (like in my brand new video that is on my YouTube channel: diysbymegid).
I used yesterday's curls (which I usually hate 2nd day hair) to give me more volume. I used a small-toothed comb to tease my hair. If you don't know how to tease your hair here is a quick tutorial:
1. Take small sections of hair starting at the back of your head and working forwards.
2. Use a small-toothed comb or brush.
3. Use the comb/brush and while holding a section of your hair up move the hair tool down towards the root of your hair.
4. Keep moving towards the front of your hair while teasing-- it will look very messy.
5. I use my fingers to then smooth all the teased hair back.
6. When teasing you can use hair spray (my hair was a little oily so I didn't use any for added volume).
Hope this post was helpful to you if you want hair like Brigitte Bardot too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment