Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Birthday Blue

At the core of my blog is the sole purpose: one of those purposes is celebrating. With every post I write, I want to celebrate creativity, style, goals achieved, and fun! Birthdays are one of the biggest celebrations in our lives because as humans, we see the day we were born as a big deal of course!

As my birthday comes to a close, I look at this next year of my life with hope (+ trepidation and excitement!), and I look back at this past year with gratefulness. I am so thankful for all the wonderful people in my life, especially to those that are reading this. I celebrate this day with all the special events that have happened, the great adventures, and the terrific people that have joined me in my crazy life in my mind.
I am also thankful for the awesome presents from my family- almost everything I am wearing in this post is from each of them. This post is titled "Birthday Blue" because of my new coat (from my parents). It is a royal blue and black tweed-like coat with fringed pocket detailing (there are four huge pockets which is AMAZING--I can shove a bunch of stuff in them!). It is from Nordstrom B.P. 
From one of my sisters is the red clutch. It is Mudpie Bag Lady Convertible clutch (it has a detachable bangle as the wristlet! :D). From my other sister are the painted black skinny jeans from Target. It started getting super dark so I had to take this pic of my clutch with flash (not a big fan of flash!)
I of course got my free Starbucks Birthday drink... Red cup+ red clutch=double dose of excitement for the holidays!
I paired my coat and jeans with a gray Nordstrom blouse that I got on Black Friday. Expect a new post of all my recent shopping trips soon-- I have lots of good deals and items to share!
Lots of elements that I had to deal with while taking pics (I didn't take these ones with my trusty tripod-- my Dad took them for me). There was the very gusty wind I had to battle, my energetic dog (Riley) who just wanted to play, and the fact that my Dad's eyes are so bad he can't see through the viewfinder on the camera (so he was blindly shooting at my general vicinity). These two pics are some of the few that one of us is not moving.
I had a very special birthday, and I hope you enjoyed my outfit share. My style tip for this post is: when wearing statement coats, always go with a skinny jean, because you will look bulky with a wide/boot cut jean.
Thanks for reading! Hair video: linked here!




No comments:

Post a Comment